September is Child Passenger Safety Month, and our Safe Travel For Kids!! Campaign is continuing to progress. This initiative is of grave importance to the franchised dealers, because the Greater Cincinnati Automobile Dealers Association (GCADA), like the National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA) is committed to preserving and promoting personal freedom of mobility by supporting organizations and initiatives involved in emergency medical care.
The automobile industry upholds safe travelling, and proper security for all passengers at all times. Thousands of new-car dealers around the country even host free child safety seat inspections at their dealerships to encourage safe travel for infants.
Did you know? Three out of every four car seats are not properly installed! If you have trouble fitting or adjusting your child car seat, visit an Authorized Restraint Fitting Station. Fitters have been trained to:
- Inspect and adjust child car seats to make sure they are installed correctly
- Fit child car seats that require vehicle modifications
- Install more anchorage points
- Retrofit lap and lap-sash seatbelt
- Show you the correct way to use your child car seat so that you can be confident your child is safe
Information regarding child safety restraints, including Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana restraint laws, and fitting station locations for car seats/boosters are available on our website; click here for more.