The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has provided tips that will help children and adults enjoy a fun Halloween while minimizing exposure to COVID-19.
- Avoid direct contact with trick-or-treaters.
- Give out treats outdoors, if possible.
- Set up a station with individually bagged treats for kids to take.
- Wash hands before handling treats.
- Wear a mask
- Make a cloth mask part of a costume
- A costume mask is not a proper substitute for a cloth mask
- Wearing a costume mask over a cloth mask will make it hard to breath, especially when trick-or-treating.
- Masks should NOT be worn by children under the age of 2 or anyone who has trouble breathing.
Remain at least SIX FEET away from those who do not live with you
- Indoors and outdoors, you are more likely to get or spread COVID-19 when you are in close contact with others for a long time.
Wash your hands
- Bring hand sanitizer with you and use it after touching objects or other people.
- Use hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Supervise young children using hand sanitizer.
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds when you get home and before you eat any treats.